Sunday, October 24, 2010

It's about time. Seriously.

Yeah, I know. I start a blog about my adventures in weight loss, then I don't post anything.

Well, because honestly I've been on and off the darn weight loss thing, and that's not much fun to admit. When on, yay me. When off, boo me. It's always about me. For the weight issues anyway.

So, after much pondering and few symbolic slaps in the face, I have decided it's not about me, really. It's about my view of my world, including my food.

Now, now, don't think I'm going all esoteric on you. Not at all. It's just that eating has become so automatic for me that I have forgotten the real reason food is, well, food. It is here to nourish us, to give us energy, to provide us with vitamins and other good stuff. And, add to that, our place in this world would be a very boring place, if we couldn't enjoy food.

So, my new improved (I hope) ultra brite strategy - know your food and eat it too.

Whatever that means. See, I'm not even sure. But it sounds like a darn good strategy and, since I came up with it myself, I think it's a doable thing. <<< amazing how gullible I am even to myself. Go figure.

Ok, so, I need to know my food and then eat it. Not the other way around. Ok. Check.

And water. It's amazing how hard it is to increase your intake of water when you're not used to it. I have and let me tell you, the bathroom is my friend. 'Nuff said.

Soooooo, know thy food, eat said thy food and water up. Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck Paula! I struggle daily, there's too much temptation out there! When I am hungry (pretty much all the time) I first drink a full glass of water to try to fill me (helps slightly), then ask myself 'what will nourish me?' Works about 50% of time. Then I think to myself: the peanuts in that mini Snickers has protein, I need the calcium and vitamin D in that pint of Haagen Daz. How bad is that?! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete